Saturday, February 25, 2012

Seth Meyers and I Spent the Night Together

That's right! I was out with Seth Meyers Friday night, and I had a fabulous time!
Yes, Seth Meyers from Saturday Night Live.
Yep, him! He is such a cutie pie.

OK, fine.
Ruin my fantasy, but technically I DID go out "with" him.
Him and several hundred other people who were watching his hilariously funny stand-up routine.
I wasn't actually "with with" him, but I was with him. You know what I mean?
(Oh, no. I feel myself channeling my junior high school self, and I seemingly have no control over it!)

I'm really not one of those women who pine after unattainable famous men. I just happen to have a rich fantasy life. I also have eclectic taste in my leading men. My favorites include, in no particular order: Seth Meyers, Matt Lauer, Tom Hanks, Jimmy Fallon, Denzel Washington, Ben Affleck, and Woody from Toy Story.

I carry no guilt regarding my fantasy crushes because I know my husband has a few of his own. Jennifer Aniston has been his television crush for over a decade, and I know he is drawn to Tina Fey, too. In fairness, Tina is on my crush list, too. That lady is funny hot!

As it turns out, Seth and my son have something in common. They both like fart jokes.
Only Seth's fart jokes are more high-brow, if there is such a thing as a "high brow fart joke."

Although I mean no offense to the delightfully funny, cute, smart Seth Meyers, I think he would make a lovely Polly Pocket doll. I just have the urge to keep him in my pocket. He's so tiny and cute! I could pull him out whenever I feel like I need a good laugh. He's such a cute, funny, little guy! Mattel could make a fortune off this idea!

Perhaps it was the pre-show cocktails, but I really felt like Seth and I had a connection Friday night.

No, I'm not a stalker. I perfected those skills in junior high but ultimately abandoned them in college. Young teenage girls really are very scary creatures, aren't they?

Well, Seth doesn't have to worry. I'm not going to show up unannounced at his place of work or anything wacky like that!

By the way, anyone want to take a trip to New York with me?
I hear it's lovely there in Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment