Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Throw My Hands Up in the Air Sometimes

My children are of the opinion that their parents are on a mission to ruin their lives. When they are older they can show this to their insurance company in order to validate their need for intensive psychotherapy.

Clearly, my husband and I are dreadful, incompetent parents who derive sick pleasure from ruining the childhoods of our 2 kiddos. Let me prove it...

On some occasions while alone in the car with my children I will sing aloud.
"I came to dance, dance, dance, dance. I hit the floor cause that's my plans, plans, plans, plans. I'm wearing all my favorite brands, brands, brands, brands."
The shrieking and hissing from the backseat stops me mid song.

But sometimes it's hard to get a song out of your head.

"And it goes on and on and on... and it goes on and on and on."

While in public, I've been known to talk to my daughter and refer to her by name.
This. Is. Unacceptable. It embarrasses her and she knows I do this on purpose. Shame on me!

Incidentally, she's also not happy when we are in public and I try to lighten the mood by referring to her as someone else like Sally or Susie. She does not think I am funny. This is really too bad because I think I am HILARIOUS, and it's a shame my humor is lost on my tween.

"And it goes on and on and on... and it goes on and on and on."

My husband likes it when our children listen to us. The audacity!
My children prefer to only listen when we use words like dessert, ice cream, and Disney World. Expecting them to listen at other times is just outrageously cruel.
My husband hates repeating himself, and he says, "'Cause I told you once,
Now I told you twice..."

We actually have bedtimes for our children. If we did not, they would never go to sleep. Ever.

Of course, our kids say, "We wanna celebrate and live our life." They continue saying, "Ay-oh, let's go. 'Cause we are going to rock this house, We are going to go all night. We are going to light it up like it's dynamite."

Their father has already told them once and then he told them twice, they've got to go to bed 'cause its late at night!

So sometimes... I throw my hands up in the air saying, "Aye-O, I've got to let it go!"

I hate it when a song gets stuck in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment